To coincide with it’s 60th-anniversary celebrations, Play-Doh will be bringing kids creativity classes to more than 800 Creation Station locations across the UK.
Delivered by The Creation Station, the campaign is designed to help support children’s development with a fortnight of weekly themed classes. The classes deliver shared creative play with children and their parents or carers, along with creative collaborations with other children. The classes aim to help develop critical thinking and problem-solving, communication, collaboration and creativity. The shared creative experiences include model making storytelling.
Craig Wilkins, Marketing Director Hasbro UK & Ireland, says:
“We’re delighted to be able to bring so many Play-Doh creativity classes to kids across the UK as part of our 60th-anniversary celebrations. The Creation Station is a perfect partner and have been invaluable in their support to bring this campaign to life.”
Sarah Cressall, Creation Station’s managing director, says:
“We are thrilled to be working with Play-Doh for this campaign. It’s an incredibly creative and timeless Hasbro brand, and with their support we’re able to support children and families share creative activities together.”
The UK’s leading children’s arts and crafts activity company launches new pre-school and after-school clubs, across the country.
The hands-on, exploratory programmes are based on the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum EYFS. Each class is designed to support the individual child’s journey of discovery, through a wide range of different materials and tools, every week.
Rebecca White, on the independent Trust Pilot review site, stated:
“We have been coming along to the art sessions since my little girl was 2 and I wish we had known about it when she was even younger, as babies can do it too. This is truly one of the best activity classes you can do for your child. They get to explore, create and learn – all at the same time. There is paint, glitter, foam pieces, sequins and glue. Basically, all the things children want to play with. And no need to worry about the mess. They provide full overall suits that cover them from head to toe and they provide water and cloths to wash those sticky hands and feet afterwards, so mums can breathe a sigh of relief. Every week is a different theme, so they don’t get bored doing the same thing, and you get to take your creations home. It is such a wonderful class I cannot recommend it enough.”
The classes have a five-star rating on Trust Pilot, from two hundred and eighty-eight reviews. They are delivered nationwide by a team of DBS checked, first-aid trained, and safeguarding-trained Creation Station franchise owners. The classes:
Baby Discover Classes (weekly)
- Baby Discover classes, for parents and carers of 6-15 month old babies. Designed to help babies explore and discover their world through safe, tried and tested hands-on and toes-on creative activities.
Little Explorer Classes (weekly)
- Little Explorer classes, for parents or carers with their 16 months to five-year-old child. The classes support children to explore materials and concepts, discover new techniques, ideas, and develop skills and confidence.
- Pre-school classes are called ‘Scrunchy, Crunchy, Bumpy – hands-on discovery’. They include activities exploring scrunchy and crunchy, squishy and squashy and slippery and slimy textures. Activities include creating see-through moveable pictures, mobiles, puppets, and clay creations.
Create Clubs (weekly, after-school and holidays)
- Create Clubs provide nurturing, creative, fun after-school activities. They are designed to support the child’s exploration, develop their ideas, discover techniques, and grow their confidence, creativity and problem-solving skills. This term’s theme is the Art of Science and includes examining reflections, optical illusions and the solar system.
Sarah Cressall, founder of The Creation Station Ltd, said:
“I’m delighted that since 2002 we have been able to help inspire over 250,000 children and families through classes, clubs and parties. We are passionate about helping to bring creativity back into childhood, to help unlock their unique potential. We work in partnership with lots of schools as well as local councils and family friendly companies who want to extend their range of services and bring families into their venue. I’m really grateful to all our partners, franchise owners and parents who help to inspire children’s imaginations.”
The UKs leading children’s arts and crafts activity company launches a new craft service for parents who want to create a range of keepsakes with the baby’s hand and footprints.
The classes are called Tiny Treasures and are the brain child of Emma Theunissen who runs her own Creation Station franchise on the Isle of Wight.
“I’ve been running my Creation Station classes, parties and events for 3 years now and when I had my little girl Mae in January, I started to create lots of crafty keepsakes. Following Mae’s arrival I really wanted to create a safe, friendly and welcoming place for new mummies to come to, to meet new friends and create wonderful keepsakes together that they would cherish forever” says Emma mum to Kai aged 5 years, Zac aged 3 years and Mae aged 3 months. “I chatted it through with our Founder Sarah Cressall who was so supportive and now we are rolling it out across our 97 franchises throughout the UK and Ireland.”
Tiny Treasures is perfect for parents with babies from birth to 5 months. The fun interactive classes run for 90 minutes and are a relaxed way to meet other parents and to be creative, all at the same time.
Here’s an example of some of the gorgeous creations that will be able to be made and treasure at the Creation Station Tiny Treasure classes:
- Make personalised Baby Bunting with a baby’s name and footprints
- Create printed hand and footprint canvases with a baby to treasure their first marks
- Frame a footprint with a beautiful deco patch wooden frame
- Create a personalised baby hand and footprint greeting cards
- Make 3D creative clay hand print or foot print to treasure for ever
- Create wooden baby finger print memo holders to share with family and friends as a unique keepsake