Creation Station franchise owners from across the UK and Ireland gathered at the Arden Hotel in Birmingham on Saturday 25th April for the ‘The Creation Station Inspiring Imaginations’ 13th annual conference.
The day delivered many magical moments including an inspirational talk from the founder Sarah Cressall and a practical business development workshop with Andy McCreadie from Sandler Training. The day saw the announcement of new partnerships and developments to help inspire children’s imaginations and to support franchise owners to achieve the success they want. There were also interactive sessions focussing on ‘Pearls of Wisdom’ where franchisees shared their top tips with everyone.
“Our Inspiring Imaginations conference for our franchise owners is by far the best day in our year”, said Fran Long, Franchise Support Manager. “There is a really strong family and community feel to our network and so when we get together it is a hugely positive and supportive day.”
Every year franchise owners who have contributed to their community or made significant developments in their business are recognised at The Creation Station Best Franchise Awards. “Our network make such positive contributions to their local community and really help children and families to be creative and have fun together” says Sarah Cressall Founder and Managing Director. ”I am very proud of all of our network, so judging the awards is really tough. Each year our franchise owners are becoming more and more successful and the calibre is really high, a huge congratulations to all the winners.”
• The prestigious title of the “Best Franchisee of the Year 2015” was awarded to Sue Hammond from Frampton Cotterell for being a truly inspirational member of the network and really making her business work for her.
• The prestigious title of “The People’s Choice Award” chosen by the network was awarded to Kim Vickery from Tetbury.
• The award for amazing “Contributions to Society” went to Benedita Henriques from Wanstead, London for running some fantastic charity events over the year.
• “Best Retailer” was awarded to Nina Lozdan from Finchley, London.
• “Best Can Do Attitude” was won by Ruth Longrigg from Cumbria.
• Additional awards were given out for outstanding actions, these included; “Best Member of Staff” awarded to Laura Calder who works for Ruth Morris in Aberdeen; and “Best Volunteer” which was awarded to Caroline Kenward who supports Penny Gilbert in Oxford.
• “Best Photo” was won by Erin Blake.
An additional recognition award was given to those who had recently inspired over 1000 children through classes, clubs and parties. Anna Dickson, Benedita Henriques, Carol Jackson, Erin Blake, Deepa Patel Robinson, Emma Theunissen, Kevin Kerridge, Karen Carnson, Kim Vickery, Lisa Hagg, Liz Cairns, Nicki Smith, Nina Lozdan and Ruth Morris recieved the prestigious bronze award for being a Top Inspirer.
The Creation Station is proud to be helping to inspire the nation’s imagination through fun hands on arts and crafts experiences for 6 months to 99 years.