Every new year thousands of resolutions are made but many are broken within weeks. More people plan for their holidays, than for their life, with only an estimated 2 percent of the population having specific written down goals.
So how do you identify goals and make them happen?
Steve Wozniak (the co founder of Apple) said to me his formula for happiness is smiles minus frowns.
I’ve applied this wisdom with my own experiences of helping others achieve their goals with a flexible Creation Station franchise to put together 7 simple steps to help you achieve the success and happiness you want.
7 steps to achieving personal happiness and success
- Take a piece of A4 paper and draw a line down the middle. At the top of the left column draw a sad face and at the top of the right hand slide draw a smiley face.
- Think about the last few months or years and write down the frustrations or disappointments or regrets during this period of time in the left column.
- Ok- now complete the right column. Think about all the things that have made you smile, the highlights and things that gave you a warm fuzzy feeling. You can write down as many items as you want in either column they can be big and small thinks. Examples could be missing your child’s sports day, or learning a new skill etc.
- On a separate sheet just draw a smiley face at the top. Read through the items on your two columns and think about solutions to reduce the items that have made you sad, and how you can do more of the activities that made you smile.
- From the smiley face list write down a couple of actions you need to do to make this happen.
- Share your actions with a friend or partner.
- At the bottom of your smiley list write a date by which you will have taken action and display your list where you can see it every day to keep you focused and motivated to achieve your goals.
You can download the activity sheets here.
I hope you find this helpful.
If you would like to find out about how a Creation Station franchise could help you achieve your goals click here for a free info pack.